Monday, October 18, 2010

The Fugitive Wife By Peter C. Brown, a book I picked up at Friends of the Library, Puunene, Maui today.

Talk about reading real books, holding them in your hands and feeling the excitement of a good story...
I picked this one up at the Friends Of The Library, an old shack behind the Puunene Sugar Mill on Maui where books are normally ten cents each but this one was on the FREE rack.
Normally open 7 days a week, it had been a few years since I stopped in back there where time stops and chickens are wandering around under the old Monkey Pod trees.
They were closed today and the hours posted were Tuesday- Saturday 8-4
A sign said books on this rack are free so I glanced quickly through some medical journals, assorted self-help books, wine connoiseur magazines and found a novel that looked exciting.
It starts in 1900 in the Alaska Gold Rush era. A Minnesota farm girl escaping from a bad marriage is headed for Nome, caught up in the excitement of prospectors, and it hooked me on page one.
We stayed awhile with the AC on in the car and took in the old Maui surroundings which calmed my soul and spirit..

Now home taking a midday break before going back into my office I feel so happy to have opened a book and begun an adventure to savor page by page...

Read a book.. Take time to enjoy...
No waste time.... Life is too short...
Be a traveler through books..

I have found that during very stressful times in my life I have neglected to read books and much time passed without enjoying a good story, so caught up in my own life.
But thank God how He works in strange and wondrous ways to lighten our hearts and minds when we really need it. I read to my husband aloud and he loves it...

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Sent from my iPhone

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.