Monday, February 15, 2010

Ben Franklin Crafts Kaahumanu

I have to thank everyone at Ben Franklin Crafts Ka'ahumanu for helping
me promote my business and for asking me if I could do a demo!
  Over 5 years ago when I first introduced Amaryllis of Hawaii Imaginations Poetry and Story, Del the manager of Ben Franklin Crafts asked me "Can You do a demo?" and I said "Sure, I can do a demo!"
Since then I created two more books Amaryllis of Hawaii Loves To Cook Recipes for Life and Amaryllis, Amaryllis How Does Your Garden Grow? "Organically, of Course!" at http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com/
 
That is how I began painting my T-shirts again. I have taught classes at Ben Franklin Crafts about once a month on "How To Paint T-shirts in the watercolor style." It has been great fun and I have found my niche in the craft store. I really feel at home. I also thank Trina, Julie and Paul who have scheduled the classes. Brenda Abe has been wonderful. Rhoda and Cameron and all the staff have been so kind. Thank you so much!

Joanna Paris we miss you!
  This is also a great place to meet other crafters. It is such a resource center. I follow Joy Shimabukuro on her show "Joy of Crafting" on OC16 our local station in Hawaii and now I can have it On Demand with my new HD cable box. Fabulous! For information contact bfctv@mvlhawaii.com or Go to Ben Franklin Hawaii  on line to see all the Stores, class schedules, craft club and sale info.
Ladonna Shatto


Teaching how to detail hand-painted  T-shirts
 
Everyone creates at least 3  beautiful T-shirts in the class

  I have taken classes myself to learn basic knitting from Lisa Louie and  a crystal bracelet class from Doreen Nakoa. Since that class my sister Pamela Jansen has made hundreds of bracelets and developed her own style.
 So again, Del, thank you for giving me a chance to introduce myself and my Amaryllis of Hawaii books at Ben Franklin Crafts! I wrote them to inspire young women and everyone to find their Joy in life as I have.


Thank you Joel Hisanaga the buyer based in Hilo at  Ben Franklin Crafts for introducing me to Del and the other Ben Franklin Craft Store managers back when I sent you 8 books and 8 t-shirts to give to the managers of all the Hawaii Stores way back when... Aloha!

Oh, and I have to mention I met one of my dearest friends Ruth Murata of the Maui Music Conservatory at Ben Franklin Crafts. She has taught me so much about card-making, stamping and turned me on to her love of crafting with paper. We Love Ben Franklin Crafts!

1 comment:

  1. Just opened this today and love the pictures! I miss everyone of you guys. No one is doing classes like this here in Boulder, Marilyn. Love and miss you too!!!

    JoAnna

    ReplyDelete

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.