Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm making a pizza!

The dough is from Whole Foods.

Photo

Though I make my own, this reminds me of my dad who used to buy frozen pizza doughs at the Monte Carlo in Burbank, California (an Italian restaurant and store which has been there for over thirty years)...
On Friday nights my dad would combine two pizza doughs for a large pizza. Knead for a bit, place in a bowl coated with a little olive oil and covered with a towel until it doubled in size. Then punch it down and shape into his pizza. For a large you have to do some hand tossing on the air. The centrifugal force helps it spread out...
This is a small pizza in a spring form pan. I'm baking at 425 degrees and will show you when it's done...

Fresh basil, tomatoes, garlic, Rosemary, olive oil, mozzarella, feta and red peppers....

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.