Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What are you planting?

These Cosmos were planted at Kula Country Farms on Maui. Cosmos are one of my favorite flowers to plant from seed. I learned about them from a Japanese Lady who gave me seeds over the fence in the neighborhood I grew up in. She grew huge sunflowers with heads the size of platters. When they were done the heads would hang down and birds would come to enjoy the seeds. Cosmos grow waist high!
I always plant Organically as I would never want to harm animals or people with toxic poisons that could cause cancer. These are great plants for introducing children to gardening...

Photo

What are you planting?

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.