Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ono Chicken Parmesan

I love to cook. ((( most of the time )))
But I like it easy and I keep it simple.
Last night I whipped out a simpler version of my chicken Parmesan by using Tomato sauce with fresh herbs and garlic just before baking rather than creating my usual Marinara.

I sliced boneless chicken breast into pieces about 2 inches wide then hammered them with my potato mashing tool to flatten and thin them out.
Next I brown the chicken in olive oil, butter and garlic with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and dried sweet basil for about 5 minutes.
I placed the chicken pieces into a square baking dish, ladle some tomato sauce, fresh Rosemary, thyme, flat leaf parsley and pre-shredded Parmesan, then do another layer. I top it off with more sauce, Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan and bake 36 minutes at 350 degrees. Mmmm good.
Served with a green salad it's comfort food that's really easy and yet looks elaborate.

Hope you try Chicken Parmesan.
I have another more elaborate version at http://artfulhawaiigirl.blogspot.com Search Chicken Parmesan
Amaryllis of Hawaii Loves To Cook


Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com/order.htm

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.