Monday, December 6, 2010

Chicken Sateh with Quinoa salad

Made a delicious sauce with peanut butter, red chile paste, fresh squeezed limes, pumpkin purée, soy sauce, garlic, and grated fresh Ginger.

First I sautéed chicken in small amount of vegetable oil on high with Ginger, garlic and slivered onions. Then I added peanut butter, lime juice, 3 Tbsp. pumpkin purée, a little water and soy sauce then lowered the heat to simmer the chicken until done.

I prepared my Quinoa ( so easy ) 2 cups water 1 cup rinsed Quinoa. Bring water to a boil, add the quinoa, lower heat to medium-low until all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork just like Cous-Cous.

I topped a beautiful bed of spinach and Romaine with quinoa then my chicken and sauce. Soooo delicious!

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

2 comments:

  1. I used to love cous-cous but since I discovered quinoa I don't really use it anymore. I prefer quinoa becuase it's so simple to prepare and it's so delicious.
    Thanks for sharing tis recipe!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are gorgeous and I imagine the chicken was kickin'. I have never made Satay, but this peanut sauce looks very easy and tasty.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.