Monday, November 8, 2010

This card made my day!

A six year old Native Alaskan girl visited us with her Filipino step- mom and her daddy. She proclaimed: "I'm native" with her arms in the air.
We worked in my craft room on cards, tags and they picked out t-shirts as my gifts to them... It was so much fun.
Last night they returned for their last evening on Maui. We had wild salmon which they brought us from Alaska.
After dinner, the girls went down to the studio while the men talked story. Little Debra placed ribbons and strings through tons of decorative tags as mommy and I stamped flowers and greetings of "a gift for you" ... "Cherish" "Wonderful" Happiness....we worked for two hours and Debra came up with creative ideas such as putting two colors of ribbon into the tag holes. I showed her how to tie a bow and she was successful on her first attempt. Then she showed me how to knit a scarf by weaving threads on her fingers. Six years old!!!!

The pleasure was all mine. A great spirit in a little person came to visit me and bring joy into my life...

Debra....


~ Marilyn

Sent from my iPhone

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.