Saturday, November 20, 2010

Getting ready to bake apple pie this week

Last year at this time I was in California cooking up a storm in the mountains. It's time to start soaking my Portuguese style turkey in the apple cider vinegar brine for Vinha De Alhos.
( Vinga Doyzh ) That's how my in-laws pronounce it.
This pie will get a brown sugar and butter crumb topping mixed with flour.
3/4 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup flour combined then crumbled with 1/3 cup softened butter...

Bake at 400 degrees for first ten minutes then 375 degrees til bubbly and juicy. Place a foil collar around the edge to prevent scorching of the crust.


~ Marilyn

Enjoy....

Looking forward to sharing lots of cooking this week. Happy Thanksgiving week everyone.


Sent from my iPhone

Marilyn Jansen Lopes
http://www.amaryllisofhawaii.com

Posted via email from jamarilyn's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.