Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ten Things I Love About Maui


Ten Things I Love About Maui:



• Tradewinds: They blow the air so clean! This is always soothing and refreshing to my spirit.



• Clouds: Maui has the most amazing clouds.

They move quickly taking on magnificent shapes in the sky and by mid afternoon daily there are always clouds heading up Haleakala! (Our mountain)

• The Lifestyle: Maui is rural, it's country it's about the ocean and fishing and all the activities of the sea.




• The food: Surrounded by the sea in the most isolated group of islands in the world is special enough but Maui feels like a hot spot in the universe for gourmet Pacific Rim Cuisine. Chefs abound. We have the freshest fish and fresh vegetables and herbs are grown year round in the rich volcanic soil and cool air of the mountain.


• The People are so kind!


Wherever I go from the Post Office to the grocery store people take the time to be genuinely kind. It is very comforting to be treated this way wherever I go on Maui.



• Hana is a touch of old Hawaii. I worked as a nurse for two and a half years in Hana by the sea. I felt a true sense of belonging here because of the friendliness of the people. Within two weeks people were calling me by my first name at Hasegawa's store.




• The Beauty is found wherever you go on Maui!




Just look up into the sky or out to sea or into a deep valley at Iao in the West Maui Mountains. Long stretches of land with no houses calm the nerves and green sugar cane goes on for miles and miles.






• Tropical plants and flowers are amazing. I love growing my own bananas, papayas and lilikoi (passion-fruit) vines. Everything is so available at The Maui Swap Meet and open markets on Maui.









• Maui is small but yet it feels spacious. There is room to breathe. The small town feeling makes it comfortable and the proximity of everything makes life simple.


• Maui has some of the most beautiful beaches. There is so much variety from white sand to black sand and the red sand beach.






 • Elegant Resorts: One can visit the most elegant resorts minutes away then return to the down to earth lifestyle of Maui having experienced the best of both worlds in Hawaii.















Just some of the things I love about Maui


Everyday I love it more, the relaxed feeling I remember when I first fell in love with Maui back in 1973 is still here with me. Though life speeded up and the island has changed, when I sit still and feel the breeze, let my cares go, and take in the amazing energy that is Maui I thank God for allowing me to live in such a beautiful place!


Aloha friends,
~ Marilyn

The Artful Hawaiigirl

If you haven't visited lately make a plan to come to Maui.
Those of you who live here, Aloha fellow islanders.



Inspiring You To Make Dreams Come True...



4 comments:

  1. This is a truly EXCELLENT blog & the pictures are OUTSTANDING!!! My husband & I dream of living there in Maui, and hopefully one day it will be possible :)) THANK YOU 4 such a lovely post & BEST WISHES 2 U, Chantelle
    Ccolours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantelle,
    Thank you for your lovely comment! I hope you will subscribe for e-mail updates at the top of my page! ♥
    ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a beautiful read as I sit here watching snow just pour down. Hawaii is such a peaceful place. Every time I land on Maui, I step off the plane and feel the soothing breezes.
    Thanks Marilyn, the pictures are just beautiful and you write with such love for Maui. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous scenes! You really inspired me to visit Maui one day.

    ReplyDelete

So readers what do you think? I love your comments and feedback! Aloha and have a great day.